7.18.2011

Happy Independence Day on a Military Base!

Growing up in a small town, we would always watch the fireworks from the local park. We would often stay home since we lived so close to the park and could see the show just fine from our backyard (or as the trees grew taller, from the rooftop). I always thought the show was really great and the crowd at the park would ooh and aaahh as each firework zipped up to the sky ONE AT A TIME. I laughed as I compared that show to this one at a HUGE military base. The fireworks lasted over 20 minutes and the ENTIRE show was like the 1 minute grand finale at the show in my hometown. There was no one-at-a-time to this one. I was kind of sad that I didn't even have a chance to pick a favorite firework as there were so many shot off at a time. It was a bit overwhelming. And I now appreciate my semi-rural/suburban upbringing even more.

Grandma and Little Bear waiting for the fireworks to begin. It was a little chilly but was a beautiful day when the sun was out--clearest sky I've ever seen here.

Snuggling up to stay warm.

This was Little Bear's first time to see fireworks so he prepared himself for the loud "BOOM."

It turned out they weren't so loud from afar and though he looks a little unsure in the picture he thought the show was pretty spectacular. So was staying up 2 hours later than usual. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment