7.25.2011

2 Months!!

Hey friends and family! It's me, Baby Sister, again. Mommy told me I could write an update from my second month of life so here goes.


Mommy wanted me to sit up on the couch so she could take my picture in the same place she took it when I turned one month old. She said I've gained almost 6 pounds and she wanted to compare the two pictures to see how big I look now. I suppose I don't mind sitting up. I don't cry or complain. But what I really love...


...is when I get to lay flat and stretch out!


Oh, and when I get to lay flat and curl up! Either way makes me VERY happy.


This month, I am smiling all the time at my mommy and daddy, and even my funny brother. They all like to talk to me and coo at me. I think they're pretty funny so I talk back and give 'em my little smile. Sometimes I feel like I might burst with joy!


Mommy says I have gotten a lot easier this month. I think she means that I entertain myself more and am much happier to lay by myself and look at toys or faces, or the ceiling if that's all there is to see. I have also started falling asleep in my bouncy seat, swing, or even on the couch when I get tired and need a nap during the day. AND this past week I've been taking much longer naps. I'm still a pretty light sleeper and wake up often when my brother is playing nearby, or if I hear the dog run past, or if the phone rings, or if Mommy is cleaning too loudly. But Mommy doesn't seem to mind too much because I'm rarely in too bad of a mood. I just need a little snuggle and I'm off to Dreamland again.


I sure do like having a big brother to play with. He really likes to talk to me and play with me. He's even started getting out some of his old toys and books and letting me look at them. I like that a lot.


One thing I do NOT like is what Mommy calls "Tummy Time." I guess the doctor told Mommy that I'm not strong enough and I need more of it. If Mommy lays down with me and talks to me it is bearable at first. I sometimes even enjoy it...for a few seconds.


But then I get mad and let her know that I really don't want anymore of this "Tummy Time" business and she usually picks me up. But only after I've had some time to exercise and grow stronger. I hope it starts working soon!


Overall, I'd say my second month of life has been pretty spectacular! Life is good! Can't wait to see what month #3 brings me!

No comments:

Post a Comment