5.27.2011

"Baby Sister" is HERE!!

At long last...May 23 @ 8:28 p.m. Baby Sister is here!!! We are officially a family of four and loving every minute! I started laboring Monday afternoon and by Monday evening, Baby Sister had arrived! 6 pounds, 11.5 ounces. 19 1/2 inches long. (THE SAME AS LITTLE BEAR!!!)
Thankfully, Baby Sister was facing the right way when I went into labor and it was night and day compared to my BACK labor with Little Bear (38 hours)!!

Within 22 hours of arriving, we were checked out of the hospital and headed home!

It was a pretty big whirlwind and kind of hard to believe it all happened so quickly. Little Bear had caught a cold so he was not able to come visit us at the hospital but had a great time playing at home with Grandma Bear.

When we arrived home with his precious "Baby Sister," he was THRILLED! He had so been longing to meet her. For weeks he has talked to her and patted her and asked questions about her. He was not disappointed. He loved her!

He has had a little bit of trouble adjusting to her time with us at home this week, but mainly due to the cold he is suffering. He is, of course, extra needy and we, of course, extra busy. He is fairing pretty well though and I am optimistic that he will do even better in the weeks to come!

It's amazing to us how much Baby Sister looks like Little Bear's baby pictures!
Here's just one example--
Little Bear:

Baby Sister:

Maybe you can't see the resemblance but a few times when I was delirious in the hospital I called her "he" flashing back to our many days at the hospital with LB. I know it sounds terrible to call your brand new daughter a "he" but in my defense they were wearing the same little hospital beanie and white shirt, swaddled up like little papooses. I decided to put the bow on the beanie as my subtle reminder.

Now that we are out of the hospital and home things have had a chance to sink in and there is no mistaking it! I am the mom to TWO beautiful babies--a boy AND a girl--and reminder bows will no longer be necessary. :) Just fun!!

Snoozing away

Enjoying her swing

As far as postpartums can go, mine hasn't been the most pleasant. I have found that a whirlwind, med-free delivery doesn't necessarily lead to a pain-free, med-free post delivery. I could use a few prayers for my quick recovery and healing so that I can properly care for this family that I so love. When I am tempted to get frustrated with my immobility I am quickly reminded of the NUMEROUS blessings from this week and this life. All Glory to God! I hope and pray that your Memorial Weekend is as blessed as we feel!

No comments:

Post a Comment