8.18.2011

A Mother's Prayer

Mama Bear writes:

Trying to meditate on God's word tonight as I lay here in bed wishing we could get on an airplane and fly home tomorrow morning, bypassing the hospital altogether. But I know that without my LB's surgery at 5 wks old he would not be here today. And without this surgery tomorrow he would probably not be here a year from now. I know it must happen.

I. Just. Don't. Want. It. To. Yet.

Please Lord, grant me restful sleep! Please multiply the hours that I rest because it will probably only be a few.
Help me to "gird my loins" and put on your "armor" so that I might be able to face tomorrow with a brave face and a peaceful heart. Please help me get through this. And HEAL my baby boy!!! I wish I could fast forward to a month from now. But I can't. So I'll cry now, in the dark. And smile tomorrow, in the light. And put one foot in front of the other with strength that comes ONLY from You, my God.

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things."(Philippians 4:6-8 NASB)

No comments:

Post a Comment