6.13.2010

Happy Birthday, Little Bear!

So far, Little Bear has had two birthday parties and a string of gifts and celebrations. I do not want this to become a habit but I know Little Bear has thoroughly enjoyed it. And there's one more party yet to come with extended family when we travel in a couple of weeks. We celebrated small with Grandma Bear and Mama Bear on his birthday (and he got his presents from his Great Grandma--one of which was a new slide).

Then a package came from his Oma, Opa, and Ur Omi the next day.

Yesterday was a birthday party with friends.


Then gifts last night and this morning from that party (I didn't have him open them at the party because we were trying to keep it simple--I know I sound like a mean Mama Bear, but believe me I had my reasons). More gifts to come in Kansas City in two weeks...oh my! Our prayer is that we are able to shower him with love and gifts (when appropriate) but keep him grounded in what the meaning of this life is. I hope to teach him the value of giving more than receiving as he grows and help him mature into a generous, kind and loving soul. At the age of two, that is hard to achieve. But I feel we are on the right track. :)

We miss Daddy Bear but we are managing this month on our own. We talk about him a LOT, talk to him everyday, and can't wait to be reunited with him next month!

1 comment: