4.13.2010

Welcome to Tinker


Well, here we are at our new home. It is still a HUGE work in progress, but we are down to one section of our living room that needs to be unpacked--all decorations--and then we will be done with the boxes. YAY!
So far life on base has been very nice. We live on a quiet corner of a peaceful military neighborhood, right next to all the commanders that are required to live on base. The houses are quite old and leave much to be desired, but we are fine with our humble home and are beginning to really enjoy it now that there are less boxes and more space for walking and living. Here is a picture of the front:
There is a nice park within walking distance of our house, and two more a short drive away. There are jogging/walking paths all over base. Some go through woods, others through plains. Some have hills, others are straightaways. The backyard isn't huge, but it works for Shaddie Bear to get some exercise barking at the dogs across the way and it's just the right size for Little Bear to run and play. Below is a video I took of Little Bear playing soccer with his Daddy Bear this past weekend. Low-quality, but funny!

There are many things that I am finding to love about living here, but I think the best part is the proximity to Daddy Bear's work. Not only is it nice because it is 8 minutes from desk to doorstep but I also feel more of a part of the air force which is a part of him. For most of our marriage, there has been a big separation between the air force and me. We have had a distant relationship and I haven't felt any desire to grow more fond of it. After 3 HUGE awards won this past year for Daddy Bear and the immeasurable success he is having in his job, it is seeming that God might want us in this life for a while longer. We are open to God's will 100% and always have been, but I am so thankful that my sentiments towards this life are starting to come around. I feel a great peace living here, where God has placed us.
Until next time,
Mrs. Captain Antony Braun :)

2 comments:

  1. YEA for your sweet home. I'm so glad you like living on base. It is a DREAM to be so close to J's work; I love it so much. I get 2 exstra hours a day with him! 2 half hour commutes- GONE- and he comes home for an hour for lunch. It's fabulous! I'm glad you'll have that experience, too. :) LOVE the video of Little Bear playing soccer! Good for him! I loved hearing him chatter! He's getting so big. I miss him! And you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear you are coming around to AF life. And I am glad you are back in a place of your own. The only thing I am not glad about is not seeing you as much as I would like. Though, I do think about you all the time!

    ReplyDelete