10.09.2009

To Stillwater...and back

I guess I realized this past Wednesday how few pictures I have taken of Little Bear (forgot to use our fun names in the last blog...oops!) lately. So on Wednesday we traveled to Stillwater, Oklahoma for a short visit with our dear friends who live there (both Daddy Bear and the father of the household we were visiting had the weekday off of work, yay!!). We were a bit sad to have to enter the land of the ORANGE, but got over that once we were inside of their cozy home and away from any hues of the morbid color. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of the kids playing together because Little Bear doesn't really "play" with other kids much yet. He used self-defense once and hit his "cousin" in the face with a play axe. He's at that fun age, AND he hasn't had a ton of experience playing with others before this summer when we were okayed to get out around more people. So he's still learning. But what a good friend to learn with as this friend is not afraid to throw a baseball in Little Bear's face or a mixer to the noggin. I am sure that eventually they'll be good buddies but Little Bear seemed to get along much better with the sweet, gentle, 2 1/2 year old girl who was visiting that day. That better not last either, though! :) He did have a lot of fun playing with his "cousin" Ella's sunglasses.


After arriving home that afternoon, I decided to try out Little Bear's new winter gear as our house was a little chilly inside. He seemed to enjoy his winter hat much more than he enjoyed last year's, but it is already a little small despite the "18 month-3T" label so we may be shopping for another.

After the winter fun, we were cooking in the kitchen as a family where Little Bear decided to pull my aprons out of the drawer. I took advantage of the situation and had a little fun with it. I asked, "Do you want to put on one of Mommy's aprons?" His adorable smile and "Yesh" followed. So...he wore my half apron around the house for a bit (until it begin to fall to his ankles) and he even took a rag out of the drawer and cleaned the chair and the window sill.


Should I be pushing a little less of this and a little more sports, cars, trucks, planes, and rough-toughness??? :) Kidding! He has plenty of opportunities to observe and experience "manliness" in his day. He is just Mommy Bear's big helper as well!

Well, two posts in one day are enough, I think. Little Bear is more than stirring at this point so shall go rescue him from his bed and fix us both some breakfast. Have I mentioned how much I love the 10 hours of sleep I got last night and being a Stay-At-Home-Mom??? It is such a delight! Auf Wiedersehen!


1 comment:

  1. C- LOVE the pics! He is such a cutie-pie! Those glasses are adorable! He's so much fun. I miss him. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete