Okay, here we are on days 7 and 8 of our trip before heading home on Sunday!
On Wednesday morning, we headed to Heidelberg where Oma dropped off DB, LB, and myself while she ran a couple of errands. We walked the beautiful cobblestone main street and did some window shopping, Cocacola Light drinking, salivating at the pastry shops, and a bit of buying gifts for loved ones back home. We walked out on the bridge crossing the Neckar River (I think) and took a picture looking up to the castle where Daddy Bear had his senior prom.
How magnificent must that have been! We visited the castle the last time we were in Germany so we didn't actually go up there this time. But looking up at it was visit enough for me!
Here is a picture, also taken from the bridge, of the other side of the river. Picturesque, isn't it?
After lunch outside on yet another GORGEOUS day (am I bragging yet?), we headed back to the house for naptime and then spent the afternoon and evening enjoying time with Uromi, Oma, and Opa at the house.
Uromi took LB for a ride on her walker.

And then the backyard proved perfect for a game of Badminton. We each had a turn, but I think Daddy Bear was the most intense.
Little Bear loved it when DB let him play along with him!
We visited many great places and enjoyed some fine meals but this may have been the best time spent in Germany!
How I love to hear baby bear laugh!! I didn't realize you were going to Heidelburg! I think Johanna was there at the same time! Gorgeous pictures. Glad you'r ehome!
ReplyDelete